Monday, June 08, 2009

I am not 45 weeks pregnant

I was just informed by a kind friend that I failed to remove the pregnancy ticker from my blog. And while I don't have flat abs (actually never have,) I am not 45 weeks pregnant.



So in place of my pregnancy ticker I will post a picture of my little angel...


  • The reason my clothes don't fit.

  • The reason I have dark circles under my eyes.

  • The reason I'm starving all the time.

  • The reason I've become the hand sanitizer police.

  • The reason I can't eat chocolate anymore.

  • The reason I don't get anything done.



I hope that my child, looking back on today

Will remember a mother who had time to play;

Because children grow up while you're not looking,

There are years ahead for cleaning and cooking.

So, quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep.

I'm nursing my baby, and babies don't keep.



Having a baby makes me realign my priorities. All the things I was so concerned with more than nine months ago are out of my control right now. Lily has grown so much already. I don't want to miss even a minute of it.














Lily Mae Schmidt
May 2, 2009

7 comments:

Denise said...

I love Lily...

Mumsy said...

She's so cute! Congratulations!

Carissa said...

She is so beautiful!! I can't wait to meet her. :)

Cyndi said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations again!

Lynita said...

She is perfect! Congrats!

Nameless said...

You are such a fun writer, Marianne! And I adore Lily Mae :)

Lisa said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!