On Thursday I took Emily with our friends Lydia and Rachel to American Girl Place in Manhattan to have afternoon tea and see "Circle of Friends," the stage show that will be closing forever on September 1st.
We decided to make this fun excursion Emily and Lydia's Birthday party this year.
Emily got a new doll. She named her Julia. Then she named her Kate. I'm not sure what her name is now. Julia/Kate has a dog named Coconut. I think Emily likes to play with Coconut more than Julia/Kate. Julia/Kate got some new clothes and a fancy bag to travel in. Coconut got a doggie carrier.
We had tea at the cafe'. It was soooo cute. Everything was tiny and cut into shapes. Emily was more interested in the tiny little cup and saucer for Julia/Kate than in the food.
The show had a great message about friendship and how friends should treat each other. Emily has been singing the circle of friends song ever since. We had a great time and I am so happy that this little American Girl is mine.
The reason I love American Girl is that it let's girls be girls and doesn't push them to grow up too fast. That is also one of the things that I love about Emily. She loves to be seven and she is not concerned about being older. Emily is a joy. It is a pleasure and honor to be her mother. She is happy, eager to help. She is optimistic, she is grateful, she remembers her manners and she does her best to choose the right.
I love my Emily. Happy Birthday.
4 comments:
I love Emily too! I love how she is a genuine friend to Rachel. I love her great sense of humor. I love how helpful and sweet she is with my babies. I love her clever remarks and observations of things. I love it that she is never unkind and never difficult to entreat. She is one of my favorite kids to be around -- other than my own. Emily is a pure delight!
I used to be obsessed with American Dolls, only I never could afford one so I would just go to my friends house that had a million and would play with those, until one Christmas when I was like 14 I got one....I played with dolls a lot longer than most girls. HA HA.
It sounds like the perfect B-day celebration. I hope that Emily enjoyed the day and had a great time with you too!
Post a Comment