On Saturday our family participated in our first one mile fun run. Hunter has been running several times a week for several months now. He's been working on building endurance and stamina. We thought a race would be nice motivation. Hunter took a full two minutes off his best time and Emily took first place in her division.
The most satisfying part of this experience was watching my children encourage each other. They didn't compete against each other. They hugged and gave high fives. What great kids. I am truly blessed.
7 comments:
I love this kind of family memory. Hooray for the Schmidts!
That's the best! I'm excited for when my boys are old enough, and I'm motivated enough, to do fun things like that!
I love your 'myspace-style' picture in your about me.
You are right, you do have GREAT KIDS! What fun to do something like this with your kids, You and Michael win the GREATEST parents award!!
By the way, I just want you to know, your Blogger name MAE is both mine and my husbands initials. Pretty interesting, eh?
I am so impressed! I can't wait to do that with my family!
I love you guys.
Post a Comment