Saturday, February 17, 2007

Harlem Globetrotters
















We enjoyed a fast-paced game last night at The Garden. The favorite team won a close game against the New York Nationals. Some of our favorite plays were the "steal the purse from the lady on the front row," and "throw the bucket of confetti on the crowd."























We had great half-court seats. Emily thought the seats would be better under the basket (I suspect she wanted to get hit with confetti.












This is three kids hopped up on cotton candy at 10:00 at night. I hope sugar doesn't effect memory or all these excursions will be blotted from their minds.
I don't know that they will be able to view a regular game the same again. I don't think you could take kids to NBA games if they mic'd the players to hear the game dialogue. And I'm not sure a player could stay in the game after spanking the ref with a powdery hand or stealing his whistle to make his own calls.
Some tips if you plan to take in a game on the National Tour.
  • Arrive on time. The game does not take as long as a regulation game and if you miss the first quarter, you've missed a quarter of the fun.
  • Don't buy the cotton candy with the Knicks hat attached. The kids in front of us were wearing them and Emily had a hard time seeing past them. Besides if you buy the regular cotton candy you can share a bag and have some to spare. If you buy the one with the hat you have to buy one for each child. Is that really necessary?
  • Be prepared to explain the difference between an exhibition game and a regulation game to your child who wonders why they don't use trampolines to dunk in the NBA.
  • Have a great time. It's a fun show.

2 comments:

Denise said...

My mom bought tickets for and took us to see the Globetrotters when I was about Hunter's age. They were funny and super entertaining. I should take my own kids sometime. What a great family outing!

liz said...

your kids are so dang cute.