Wednesday, February 28, 2007

identity theft















Apparently, I have been the victim of identity theft. Someone decided to deposit two bad checks in my account and then immediately take a withdrawl.
They also tried to open a Wal-mart credit card in my name but they were rejected. I am trying to imagine what they might have been eyeing at Wal-mart when they decided to open the said line of credit.


Perhaps one of these:

The toothbrush that puts hit music in your mouth. I don't know about you but my kids just love them!
I feel a little bad to have spoiled someones fabulous shopping spree with that fraud alert on my credit report. With the money they stole from my checking acount they won't be able to get the 50" Pioneer plasma but they might be able to swing the 42". Happy viewing identity theif. Just know that the singing toothbrush will not be on me.

9 comments:

Christen said...

Hey Marianne... it's Christen! I'm so sorry again about this. I can't believe your luck. BUT, it was fun to meet you. Thanks again for helping me out with the cell phone! :)

Denise said...

Ah, but you could be mistaken. Perhaps the plan was to buy the plasma at wal-mart and use the 3000. for many, many singing toothbrushes. Or, maybe you furnished the thief with a lifetime of Big Mac's. I'm always a bit curious how a thief like this decides what the right number is for his or her stealing. Quite awful, this.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mumsy said...

Awful. So completely awful.

I'm sorry.

Amanda Neilson said...

I bought the toothbrushes at Walmart in California! I think you are right and the crook most definately had his eyes on them. They are great!

Mo said...

Marianne, Thanks for the TV! I'm Lovin' it.

Laura B. said...

What a jerk...seriously. Things like that make me so mad.
So sorry!

love.boxes said...

Great post! Someone likes to use my phone number as their own, in fact a family of someones. It's really weird. :)

Denise said...

So did they also steal access to your blog? Come on Marianne...post again already.