Thursday, February 15, 2007

Reward Board Follow-up

We are on week two of the reward board and the novelty has not worn off. I thought I'd add a few chore ideas that have been working for us.
  • empty dishwasher
  • load dishwasher
  • take out garbage
  • take out recycling
  • make bed
  • brush hair (it requires points to make it more exciting)
  • brush teeth
  • homework
  • dusting
  • exercises
  • practice violin
  • tongue depresser (Hunter has to use it for his underbite, if he can fix it himself with the tongue depresser then we can use the money we would have spent on orthodontics to take a nice vacation! Orthodontists idea, not mine)
  • get ready for tomorrow (includes laying out weather appropriate clothing, making sure you can find hat and mittens, packing backpack and taking lunch box to kitchen.)

There is also a section that autopays allowance once a week. It has a section to put a savings goal. Samuel decided to save for a candy bar. He exceeded his goal after the first week. I think I'm going to save for my dream home. So at $3.00 per week, how long will it take me to save a nice down payment?

Hunter has now entered the blog world. I put a link to his site if anyone is interested. So far it is all about the books that have become the air he breathes.

1 comment:

Denise said...

That's a great list. Did Michael help you make the list? And what about the kids? What do their lists look like?