After the loss of the camera, I thought my life will most certainly be turning around. Silly, silly me. I tried to post a blog about how my neighbor dried all my jeans, every pair. But I couldn't get it to post. I'm sure she thought she was being helpful. Put the laundry in for the really tired woman who lives upstairs. But it was not helpful. I have spent a good part of today trying to stretch the pair that has been dried twice in a row.
At the Halloween party on Saturday, my husband's glasses fell out of his pocket during trunk-or-treat. He thought how lucky he was to spot them, only to discover that they'd already been run over by a car. He would like to take issue with the flexible frames he chose. They don't really go right back after being run over by a car.
Michael has been telling me for a week or more that his car smells like rotten milk and makes him feel like throwing up. That's not really a good thing, but his problem, not mine. On Sunday, after church, he opened up the trunk to find a large bag of garbage that he brought back from the cabin following our Columbus weekend trip. Nasty! So we are down the mat for the trunk, the aerobed and the pack and play that he had not yet moved from the trunk to the garage.
After I realized the fate of the camera, I cried. After this most recent rash of events I dug through the garage for all the coordinating parts to the pack and play; the bassinet attachment, the changing table parts, and the mobile and was almost happy to toss them into yet another big black garbage bag and into to trash. Is it getting easier to let go? I don't know. Maybe I have less use for a pack and play than I do for a camera. Maybe I have become resigned. They are just things.
I lost Samuel at Disneyland this Summer. He wandered off in another direction and I couldn't find him for about ten minutes. (I couldn't move very fast in the Jazzy chair.) So, if I'm choosing what to lose and what to find. I'm glad I found Samuel. Especially because now he can wear my jeans that were put in the dryer.
3 comments:
I am so sorry. It has been a terrible horrible very bad week, month, year for you. Once you get out of there (and I pray for you it is soon) - you will want all new stuff and DESERVE all new stuff. The mercedez of everything!!
His butt won't look as good in them tho...
And hey, in the end, it's just "stuff". Losing your sanity would be way worse. You've still got that, don't you?
my sanity is always in question!
Post a Comment