Every Christmas when all the lovely cards and brag letters start rolling in I spend about three days in a minor depression. Maybe depression is too strong, more of a funk, a little blue. I look at other people's idealized lives and I examine my own and I am admittedly, a little harsh. It takes the said three days to finally talk it over with my loving and understanding husband who inevitably debunks the mystery and convinces me that everyone else's life sucks just as much as mine and then I feel infinitely better.
Do you ever have days when you just are a little down. A little critical of yourself?
Yea, me either.
5 comments:
I feel this way too often. And then I try to remind myself that I would not put in a Christmas letter all the things that really make up the bulk of my life and no one else does either. They choose the tidbits they WANT you to read. Blogging is a bit like that too. Your opportunity to put your spin on your daily happenings as it becomes written history. I like your new look...very nice.
kind of like how i feel after reading the schmidt family christmas card!!! i've heard this somewhere...if you think someone's family is perfect...look a little closer...i think that is why we moved, people were starting to figure out that we are not, in fact, as perfect as we seem!!!! glad to have you back on the blog block. i miss you.
Every. single. day.
I've always admired you. You always seem to have everything figured out and buttoned up.
I loved your Christmas card!
Post a Comment